Did you hear about the family that donated $1.5M with the Calgary Public Library to support free access to programming, or the dealership that donated $55,000 to the Humbolt Broncos families? What about the dental hygienist who volunteered her skills … in Haiti?
There sure is a lot of good in Calgary.
And the people behind HBI make an effort to be good community members, too. That’s why we consider ourselves privileged to support initiatives that embody our values of community and sustainability. You might not know this about us, but one of our favourite champions is World-Record-Holder Frisby Rob, who tackles physical activity and bullying in schools. We also offered temporary office space to our peers in Calgary that were displaced during the Floods. And, we regularly engage with local post-secondary institutions through scholarships and bursaries, because the forward-thinking professionals of tomorrow often need support today.
Stay tuned for our next scholarship announcement later this month!
If you want to step up YOUR community involvement, here are 5 easy ways that your organization can give back:
- Know who your dollars are supporting when you choose to work with HBI.
- Save unwanted furniture or shelving from the landfill and donate it to a charity or NFP who needs it. If you’re a charity or NFP, send us your wish list!
- Host a Pop-Up Pet Room in support of AARCS.
- Ask about what modern workspaces can do to meet their sustainability goals.
- Share what your organization does to support community and sustainability, and we will feature you on our blog!
In the words of anthropologist Margaret Mead:
“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.”